Prosthetics Load and Fatigue Testing
Customer Need / Challenge
- Prosthetic limbs must be tested for extreme loading that can occur during falls, accidents, and sports movements.
- Fatigue testing of prosthetic components determines the expected lifespan of the components under normal usage.
- A Static load test apparatus uses Interface S-type load cells attached to hydraulic actuators to apply and measure loads.
- A Fatigue testing machine uses Interface fatigue-rated S-type load cells to apply and measure cyclic loads.
- Engineers determine whether prosthetic materials and designs will withstand the rigours of daily use and occasional highload situations.